Monday, August 12, 2013

Brain-Dump

Alright, world. I would like to get one thing straight.

My purpose. The thing I stand up for more than anything else in the world. The thing that I believe in with every fibre of my being.

I want every person in the world to be treated like a person. Not a woman. Not a man. Not a male. Not a female. Not a straight. Not a gay. Not a trans. Not a victim. Not a survivor. Not an illness. Not a Christian. Not an athiest. Not fucking anything that YOU THINK defines who they are.

I want every person in this world to be treated like a person. To be treated like they have the same rights as any other person to live, to love, to work, to play, to have adventures, and to eventually die.

This means that my battle is for the underdog. The ones who are most treated like the things that others think define them. Woman. Victim. Gay. Anything except the simple fucking human being that they are.

When I hear of someone being treated unfairly, it puts me into a rage. When I hear someone complain that others aren't being treated unfairly, I go nearly blind. When I hear of someone screaming "Persecution!" or "racism!" or "sexism!" or "Special treatment!" because someone is given the same rights they have, or because the screamer is being denied the right to treat someone as a lesser fucking being, I just shut down. I have no idea what to say or do. I can't BELIEVE that people still think that way. That they have the right to force their way of life on anyone else is simply not true. Or it shouldn't be true. What ever happened to "live and let live?" You live your life, I'll live mine. As long as no laws are broken, no one is being hurt in any way, and everyone involved in said lifestyle is happy, why the hell should anyone care about what someone else is living?

I just...don't know. It baffles me. It blows my mind. I have no idea what is going on in this world.

This was a pretty short post, but I had to get that off my chest. Because seriously. What is so scary about treating everyone like people? What is so scary about stripping away all of those ridiculous pseudo-definitions and just all being people? I simply don't get it.

No comments:

Post a Comment